Sunday 16 June 2013

Narrative

Narratives- Fractured Fairy tales

We are learning to write a fictional narrative by adapting a fairy tale.

We will know we can do this when we can..
Follow the Writing Process – planning, draft copy, editing and publishing
Have a title
Write three paragraphs: an Orientation, a Complication and a Resolution
Write in past tense
Use direct speech (dialogue)
Use onomatopoeia, questions and similes to create pictures with words and build suspense


Brayden said, "I like writing because it is cool.  Because you can write any story you want.  I am learning  to write better stories.  I am learning to write a narrative.  My story is a spooky story.  I thought about what I should write.  I think my story is good because it has got heaps of words in it. Ms B has shown me to write who, what, when, where in the beginning of the story.  I have been learning to use exciting words like freaky words.   I am learning to check to for capital letters and full-stops. Next Step: I'm going to make a longer story."

No comments:

Post a Comment